The Department of Theatre & Dance is accepting applications for a Master Electrician to work under the general supervision of theTheatre Technical Director providing support in implementing lighting designs in multiple theatres plus one classroom space. The Master electrician is expected to run the electrics area with minimum supervision, but must coordinate closely with department Technical Director and Production Coordinator. This position provides leadership to a small student electrics crew in the proper maintenance of equipment. Equipment consists of a blend of conventional fixtures, LEDs, video projectors, and moving lights. Assists in the programming of shows and troubleshooting lighting system and fixtures.
/Who we are:/
The Department of Theatre & Dance is a community of students, scholars, artists and artisans who regard the collaborative and creative process as the core of education. We engage with that process at all levels of our work as we pursue excellence and understanding.//
From the root of process stems practice, and that practice bears the fruit of experience. THDN guides that fruition, offering students an expanse of opportunities to encounter the art forms of theatre and dance, their making and meaning.
/What your key responsibilities will be:/
/Provide Technical Theatre Support and Expertise/
· Support student, faculty and guest designers in implementing lighting designs in multiple theatres plus one classroom space.
· Collaborate with designers on practical implementation of design to efficiently utilize resources.
· Supervise crews comprised of 3-15 students.
· Evaluate light plot and develop plan for safe, cost effective execution of plot in the time allotted.
· Provide leadership to a small student electrics crew in the proper hang and focus procedures and maintain equipment. Equipment is a blend of conventional fixtures, LEDs, video projectors, and moving lights.
· Independently and in conjunction with student crews, execute repair and maintenance of all lighting and video equipment and accessories.
· Independently and in conjunction with student crews, troubleshoot lighting and video systems.
· Maintain inventories and organization of all lighting equipment and areas.
· Assist in the programming of shows and troubleshooting lighting system and fixtures.//
/What we can offer:/
The salary for this position is $1791.40/monthly, for a 50% time schedule.
/What you should know: /This position works an academic year schedule, from mid-May to mid-August with a three month unpaid break. Some evening and weekend work is required.
/The University of Colorado offers//excellent benefits//, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the//University of Colorado Boulder//.
Beresourceful. Becreative. Beempowered. Be Boulder.
/What we require:/
At least two years of experience working as an electrician.
Ability to install, focus and strike equipment used to light theatre and dance productions.
Working knowledge of theatrical rigging and experience employing a theatrical rigging and fly system.
Ability to maintain lighting and electrics equipment.
Demonstrated proficiency on ETC EOS/element consoles.
/What we’d like you to have:/
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Two years of experience working as a Master electrician.
Demonstrated experience working in a higher education performance environment and supervising student teams.
Demonstrated experience with projections and audio.
Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and repairing moving light fixtures.
Job: *Academic Services
Organization: *B0001 -- Boulder Campus
Title: Master Electrician (Part-time)
Requisition ID: 11422